Froala License Expired?

(Ryan Heneise) #1

My client is seeing a warning message that says “Expired copy of the Froala Editor. Please renew the license.”

Clicking the error message takes you to this page, which just says that you must have a license, but it doesn’t say anything about how to get a license.

I wasn’t aware that there was a license required, and I can’t figure out how to get rid of this message. Any ideas?

(Aaron Russell) #2

Can I ask what version of PushType you’re using?

We bought a “lifetime” license for Froala, which I don’t think is as long a time as it sounds.

(Aaron Russell) #3

Actually just logged in and checked our license - it’s still valid, but since Froala v2.8 there is a new key format we need to use.

The wysiwyg_rails gem (containing Froala) is a dependency of push_type_admin with the version constraint set as ~> 2.7 so if you’re recently updated your bundle I guess you could have the newer version on Froala requiring the new license format.

I’m going to need to put a new release out. Give me a couple of days and I’ll get this sorted.

(Ryan Heneise) #4

Hey @aaron, sorry for the delay. We’re on 0.12.0.

It’s odd because I don’t see the message in the staging environment; only in production.

(Aaron Russell) #5

Hi @mysmallidea - I’ve just released 0.12.1 which uses the new license compatible with the latest Froala version.

For anyone who doesn’t want to update PushType for any reason, you can add the following to your gem file which constrains the version of Froala so the old licesne works:

gem 'wysiwyg_rails', '< 2.8'